(With CTTC getting postponed until 2021, this license exam session will not be taking place this year. Tune in next year for information about an exam session then.)
The W1RLY Group in conjunction with the Woodmont Amateur Radio Association is sponsoring an Amateur Radio exam session at this year’s Climb to the Clouds event at Mount Washington. This is your opportunity to get your Technician license and help out your fellow pro rally teams or help at events like the Boston Marathon by providing essential communications.
What’s needed to achieve this? Pass a simple 35 question exam and score a 74 or better (26 out of 35). Simple knowledge of FCC rules and some radio theory.
When are Where: The Exam session will be conducted at the Great Glens building on Saturday, July 11. Doors will open at 2:00pm and the exam session will begin at 2:30 pm (no one will be admitted after the exam starts).
What do I need to bring?
- One legal photo ID (identification):
- State Driver’s License
- Government issued Passport
- Military or Law Enforcement Officer Photo ID card
- Student School Photo ID card
- State Photo ID card
- Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
- A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed. You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they’re free of notes and formulas. Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during the exam session and the phones’ calculator function may not be used. In addition, iPhones, iPads, Androids, smartphones, Blackberry devices and all similar electronic devices with a calculator capability, may NOT be used.
- $15 dollars cash / check
Ok, how do I sign up? Simple, send the group an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “VE Exam.” That’s it!